At ZTL Technologies we serve a global customer base from all under one roof. Our die casting services are housed within our factory, allowing for continued interaction between our engineers, operators, and project leads. We know what’s going on with your project every minute. We are proud to provide low-volume manufacturing services (parts in quantities ranging from 100 – 100,000) across the globe, while maintaining personalized customer service and a dedication to quality.
Our dedicated sales staff is ready to answer any questions you may have, explain our capabilities, and provide you with a free project quote and DFM. Have an answer is as little as 24-48 hours – contact ZTL Tech today.
What is Die Casting?
Die casting is a process which shapes unformed metals into specific shapes, called casts. Die casting supports a high number of non-ferrous metals, expanding the number of uses and industries supported. Nearly any metal can be used in the die casting process, in designs both simple and complicated. Metal parts provide advantages such as heat-resistance, pressure-resistance, and corrosion-resistance for uses in many applications, including:
- Food Service
- Automotive, and more
Die cast parts have many advantages:
Die cast parts can be made in nearly any shape in a wide range
of sizes. Die casting has many advantages for manufacturing, including:
- Strength – parts are made from solid metal
- Workable – metal can be shaped into incredible complex designs
- Efficiency – a single mold can produce thousands of casts
- Brilliant – many metals offer extravagantly brilliant finishes
- Resilient – metal is resistant to heat, chemicals, and pressure
- Fast – Die casting is a fast process that produces units with extreme speed and precision.
The Die Casting Process
If you’re looking to produce thousands of metal parts with precision and speed, die casting is an excellent and cost-effective manufacturing solution. At the basic level, regardless of the metal used or complexity of design, the die casting process can be reduced to four basic steps:
- Either provide us with a 3D CAD design, or we can create one together using your drawings, input, and our engineering staff.
- The CAD design will be used to create a metal mold, this is called the die. The die is used to repeatedly produce metal casts. A single mold can be used to produce thousands of identical units. Using our own CNC shop on site helps reduce production costs and lead time.
- Your choice of metal or alloy is heated and then injected into the mold. The metal is the cooled into a solid – a completed cast.
- The complete cast is ready for any additional finishing services, or for shipping.
The die casting process is fast, rapidly producing thousands of casts that are strong, durable, and identical. For metal parts in small-batch to low-volume quantity, die casting may be the manufacturing solution for you.
This process occurs quickly, creating thousands of identical metal casts rapidly and with extreme precision. Parts made with non-ferrous metals such as zinc, aluminum, magnesium, copper and more are strong; they can withstand extreme conditions and environments. If you need metal parts manufactured in low-volume quantities, die casting may be your perfect solution.